Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Today I am 22

General observances about my day:
- I miss my mommy on my birthday.  I haven't seen my family on my birthday in four years.  I was 18 the last time I did.  Weird.
- Facebook makes me feel loved and creeps me out or makes me feel bad because there were people that wrote on my wall today that I don't think I even knew.  The top posts go to my momma, Casey Turner (Charlie Brown), Laura Pucik's picture of a birthday hedge hog, and Rita calling me her "sweet baby boy" even at 22.  I am loved, very undeservedly.  But still loved.
- If I can't see my own family on my birthday, the next best thing was lunch with a good showing of the Pucik clan.  Legit people, no lie.
- Can I say I love camp?  How does this have anything to do with my birthday?  Well, getting happy birthdays from these wonderful people just reminds me of the relationships I made there and gets me sooo pumped to get my Game On this summer!
- FBC Walnut Ridge is wonderful.  I am going to miss these people.  I can't say anymore than that or I might cry.
- It is weird that I have no idea where I will be this time next year.  Not for sure anyway.  I can only wonder how I will change and grow. I am actually beyond excited about the whole thing.  I really am. Not scared pumped to do whatever and go where ever God leads.
- Lastly, the best birthday experience was talking to my Nana.  We found out a little while back that she has lung cancer.  My Nana is not old. Well, she is in her seventies but I have never ever thought of her as being an old lady.  She is a hard worker and she cooks constantly.  She love Dillards and gets her hair cut by some man that charges an arm and a leg in Little Rock.  It was a weird experience for me to take in.  But, I miss her and haven't talked to her since I found out until today.  She is losing her hair, but is armed with wigs, hats, scarves, and apparently a dew rag.  Get it Nana, get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment