Thursday, February 16, 2012

Today I am not Content

Listen y'all, I am not a content person.  I'm not.  I always want to be somewhere else doing the next best thing for me.  I guess it is probably because I grew up in a culture that is always pushing to see what you are going to do after high school, what college you are going to, when are you getting married, what are you doing after college, etc. etc.  I sit here in my office at FBC thinking, I have a ton of stuff I could be doing, but I just want to be at camp.  Sitting in class this morning, all I could think was, I just want to go back to bed and take a nap.  But isn't there something to be said about the fact that we need to be in the moment, we need to be content where we are.  There are things left to be done here at FBC.  There are things still to be done at Williams.  There are things to be done this summer and next year too, but they are not here yet.  If I am so excited about them why I am not preparing spiritually for them.  Why?

On another note, the getting in to seminary high from last week has most def worn off.  I got a very happy email from the camp office telling us March 4th is the day we find out what team we are going to be serving on this summer....PUMPED.  And yet, I digress and prove my point all the more.  This weekend, I have a DNOW.  I am not a big fan of teenagers, but shouldn't I be excited about investing in them? Tomorrow I can to perform in a children's play - shouldn't I be happy to be on stage?  I need some serious accountability to be happy just were I am (in a this is where I am suppose to be sort of thing).

I don't have anything else insightful to say.  I don't have a poem or a song (I am not cool like my friend Jon), I don't have a funny kid to write about (y'all should really check out the big momma blog), and I don't lead a church of millions of members or work at LifeWay.  But, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment