Monday, April 9, 2012

Washed

A verse that has impacted my life so much in the last year came up in class today.  2 Corinthians 6:11: "And such were some of you, but you have been washed, you have been sanctified, you have been justified in the name of Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."  I get so caught up and enslaved to sin.  I get caught up in justifying my sin.  I get caught up in the struggle of what it means to do right and what it is to do wrong.  You see, this verse tells me that Christ is bigger than all that.  You see, 1 Corinthians 6 says that everything is permissible for us, but not everything is beneficial.  In other words, we can do whatever in theory because it has already been forgiven, but that is rubbish Paul says.  You see because we are different than that.  We don't want to be part of that slavery.  We are free.  We are not fornicators, homosexuals, or swindlers.....we are washed.  We are being washed.  So, a new desire should come into our hearts not to please or gratify self, but rather to please and gratify Christ.  

More later.
Four weeks.
And I graduate. 
7ish weeks and I will be at camp.
Time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment