Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Sin Too

Yep.  In case you didn't know already....I am a sinner.  Like a class A sinner.  I pretty much suck at life a majority of the time.  I mess up.  The same junk over and over again....and you know what?  My God still loves me.  Even though a majority of the time my prayers are thrown up to him in desperation and times of need instead of daily and in the mundane.  I am self absorbed a majority of the time and even try to mold my relationships and friendships to gratify and please myself.  I am the most undisciplined person in the world.  I have had the idea to start working out and running....for four years.  Now I am fat and have love handles...good.  I read my Bible consistently for you know about a week sometimes two and then forget it exists for about three.  I am a major, major screw up.

Saying that, I was pretty ticked at Mr. Bobby Petrino.  He messed up big time.  You know the details.  He cheated, hired his mistress, gave her money, lied about it afterward.  Honestly, the man deserved to be fired.  But, I beg the question...who of us deserves the same fate?  Y'all I may not be shacking it up with some engaged chick, but I do some pretty awful things.  I was really convicted of that last night when my good friend Jon wrote a tweet about how he forgives Petrino and his sins are no worse than the one's he commits.  I'll be honest, Jon, if you are reading this....I thought come on, buddy the guy screwed up.  He deserved it.  I screw up though....what punishment do I deserve?

This is a cry for discipline and spiritual growth.  For accountability from friends.  For a return to the joy of my salvation.  I am sinking.  I am content with the sinking now....which is sad, but very soon I won't be.  I'll be in a bad place.  It will probably happen you know early June when I will be charged with teaching a gospel to children that I haven't been living out.

Saying that, I despise hypocrites. I hate them even.  Well, I guess I hate myself then.  Because I live lies everyday.

 Lord, forgive me.  Give me clean hands and discipline your child.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment