Saturday, January 7, 2012

2 Days Later

So, I have been back "home" (home is a relative term when you are an almost 22 year old college student, you see I am at my temporary home, The Anderson's, in Walnut Ridge so I can go to church and stuff while the dorm is closed not my actual home I was reared in and stuff, but I digress) for two days and I really cannot stop thinking about what I learned and what I experienced at Passion.  It was my prayer the entire week not to let the fire burn out when I got home, and though I neglected by YouVersion reading plan until 3:30 this morning (and I learned the current plan gives you free reign on weekends so I am kind of happy about that) I am excited to see what God is going to do and I am racking my brain with how things can be done now.  How do I a last semester senior in college living in Walnut Ridge, AR begin to free 27 million slaves.  I don't know but I do know that I am not going to sit on my butt and just let something that seemingly doesn't effect me, that is actually a malicious injustice rage on in the world.

There is this thing called school that starts back Tuesday.  And this was really the last day I got to sleep in and I did pretty hardcore.  Like 11:30ish don't tell my mom.  That is the best thing about the Anderson house weekend means weekend and this is Will approved. School is going be easier this semester (or so I pray).  I don't know I am kind of ambivalent toward the whole last semester of college thing.  Mostly, I don't even think about it.  I mean I really don't want to think about not having the best people in the world to share life with on a daily basis, or leaving the church I have grown to love with basically the best kids and parents on the planet.  It is not that I don't want to go to grad school I do I just wish they would tell me if I got in and all that wonderful stuff.

I am looking forward to this summer like nobodies business.  I am not really thinking about what I have to leave behind for the sake of camp, but sometimes that happens when you feel calling toward something.  I cannot express words that describe how pumped I am about it.  The last time I worked camp I was nervous and didn't know what to expect now I am just ready to jump in and share Jesus with some kids (not that I don't have the opportunity to that all the time anyway).  Bascially, I am more excited about camp than I am about graduation, but I have been assured by a certified camp professional this is "totes normal."

So, I guess on my list this semester is building relationships, spreading the gospel, figuring out how to not be fat anymore, not falling asleep in Art Appreciation, helping to end slavery, motivating myself to wake up at 7:00 in the morning, not being a horrible friend, eating good food, and trying not to cry too much.  Hard life, let me tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment