Monday, May 28, 2012

I leave for camp...tomorrow.

Y'all I have been waiting for that for almost two years.  I am so pumped about returning to the camp world.  It is so exciting to live in community with other young adults, share the gospel with kids, build relationships, encourage the mess out of each other, and just plain do the Lord's work.  But, honestly I have been overwhelmed with not feeling ready.  I am not physically ready.  I will probably die the first week, because I am in the worse shape of my life (good thing Jesus beat death huh).  I don't feel emotionally ready.  Because, you see when I get back in August my whole life will have changed completely.  I will be away from my friends.  I'll be in a new place frantically searching for a job while starting a graduate degree.  I am overwhelmed majorly.  I don't feel spiritually ready.  I feel dry.  Used up.  After four weeks at home.  I haven't been pouring into anyone and no one has poured into me.  For four weeks.  I feel like I am in a hole.  But, it is my choice to crawl out.  Those are my apprehensions about all of this.  I can't just wait for someone else to be ready, I have to decide.  Because, my God....he can move the mountains.  He is might to save.  And y'all....I am ready to tell the world about him.  With his help.  I need it. Pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. God can and wants to do great things things through you. Judging from the past, He will! Excited to meet with you in months to hear about it. Love your face, bro!

    ReplyDelete