Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Procrastination.

I have always been a procrastinator to some extent.  I get it done, no matter what.  It is just sometimes at the last minute.  This semester, I have been horrible.  I have waited till the last minute to do a project for the capstone class for my major, I sit here now needing to work on a project due for a final tomorrow.  I don't know what is wrong with me.

Tonight, I left my room to go to McDonald's just to get a change of scenery and I talked to God while on the drive.  I think he was showing me, Will, it is time to move on.  I think that is why procrastination has been so bad this semester.  I am not scared of leaving I am just comfortable where I am.  I have the BEST friends in the entire world, I have an INCREDIBLE church family, and I call Williams HOME and could for the rest of my life.  That is not how it works though.  I have to realize that finishing strong is just as important as the beginning and the end.  This senioritis junk is just an excuse.  I still have to work hard and do well.  Because that is what is important to me.  God has big plans for me else where.  I am pumped about the possibility of going to Truett Seminary.  I am ecstatic about serving at camp this summer. But, in the mean time, there is a job to be done here.  I have a group of great kids that need to have the gospel shared with them, that need to be discipled.  I know freshman that need someone to invest in them and people who are just craving for someone to talk to.  I have friends that I will never again live across campus from and we have memories left to make.  I need to do what I am suppose to right now and stop thinking about the future and think about what is on my list for today.

And on my list before I can go to bed is a Producing the School Play project AND going over some Greek flash cards.  So, I will go do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment