Saturday, April 30, 2011

Praying a Little Prayer

I don't pray as often as I should.  God has actually been showing me how bad I suck at it for a while now.  I often pray selfish prayers, but I just wanted to make a short list of things I try to regularly pray for.

1. My friends, the best ones.  The ones who listen to all my messed up musings and hug me after my screw ups.  I pray because they are getting married, just got a divorce, or have a girlfriend.  I pray because all too often, I am in the same shoes they are in and I don't know what to say to them for advice.  I pray for my friends.

2.  Hannah.  I thank God she's ours.  That he gave us a special blessing that never ceases to make me smile.  I thank him that I cry after I talk to her one the phone.  I pray that we will take this blessing he has given to us and teach her all about him and King Jesus.

3. Bub.  I pray that God will keep everything going smoothly.  I pray that we will want him to be a permanent part of our life not just for selfish reasons but to raise him in the knowledge of the Lord.  I pray for his salvation.  And I miss his chubby cheeks.

4.  I pray about my future and that I would not be an idiot and miss the opportunity when he sends it.

5.  I ask for forgiveness of habitual sin.

6.  I ask to understand my minor sufferings and that God would put them in perspective for me.

7.  I pray for revival and spiritual awakening in my generation.  That we will truly reach the world for our King.  And I know that has to start with me.

8.  I pray for people to cross my path to share him with, I should pray this more.

9.  I pray for the kids I teach and minister to.  I love them so much and I don't realize enough how fortunate I am to have these precious, small souls in my life.  They challenge me everyday and I love them more than I could ever express.

10.  I am going to start praying for change.  Because I have to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment